Brady Rife has developed a diverse civil litigation practice for both plaintiffs and defendants throughout Indiana. Brady is heavily involved in serious personal injury matters, complex business and commercial disputes, and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. Brady has successfully tried several jury trials and bench trials as lead counsel and has also briefed multiple cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Although many litigated cases are resolved through negotiation and settlement between the parties, Brady takes case preparation seriously and prepares each case as though it may be tried. From a diligent and thorough investigation to hiring knowledgeable and experienced experts, Brady works to present the best case he can for his clients.
Brady is a graduate of Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, and Indiana University Law School in Indianapolis. While attending law school at night, Brady clerked full-time for the firm where he was immediately submerged into civil litigation.
Brady is active in the community. He serves on the Blue River Community Foundation Finance Committee and is active with St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. He also enjoys coaching baseball and basketball and playing golf.
- Bar Admissions:
- Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana,
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, IN, USA,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; Dean's List; Eta Sigma Phi
- Representative Cases:
- Carter v. City of East Chicago, 881 N.E.2d 1114 (Ind.Ct.App. 2008)
- City of East Chicago v. East Chicago Second Century, Inc., 878 N.E.2d 358 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007)
- Tharp v. Neff, 868 N.E.2d 1220 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007 )
- Hanninen V. Koch, 868 N.E.2d 1137 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007 )
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Legal Stuff You Should Know!, Indiana State Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Indiana State Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Shelby County Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- Past Employment Positions:
- McNeely, Stephenson, Thopy & Harrold, Law Clerk, 2001 - 2004
- Pro Bono Activities:
- Indiana State Bar Association Disaster Relief Program, 2008 - Present
- Shelby County Pro Bono Council, 2005 - Present
- Sigma Chi